Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, at least for the Americans amongst you.

The blog design here is going to be a work in progress for a while, but I did manage to get the sitemeter installed Tuesday night, and in the first full day, I had 250 readers.  Small by the standards of an Econbrowser (2500/day or so) or an Oil Drum (15k/day or thereabouts).  But still, for a four day old blog, I'm perfectly happy.  We'll build from here.  Needless to say, I'm not seeking a mass audience, but rather to influence key opinion-makers, at least those open-minded enough to be influenced by rational analysis.

Also, it is always a deep privilege to have the attention of another human being, and so I am very grateful to all 250 of you.  The map shows the location of the last hundred visitors.  As I see there are many international readers drawn to the site, I will post a graph for the non-thanksgiving-celebrators shortly!  I had conceived this as a site speaking mainly to Americans, but I am rethinking a bit after looking at the evolution of this map a few times over the last couple of days.


2 comments:

KLR said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Didn't realize TOD had 6 times the readership Hamilton has, thought he was better known than that.

You're already on TOD's blog roll, that's cool. Other...emeriti? are conspicuously absent.

CHECKED: that is the correct plural form. Handy app for unschooled dullards: Inline Google Definitions :: Add-ons for Firefox.

Stuart Staniford said...

Jim Hamilton's audience is not huge, but it reaches the very top of the economics profession, so I think he has an impact. Menzie Chinn has some relevant comments here this morning, actually.